Monday, February 20, 2006

PS3 delays likely

Hi, there. I'd just like to say before I start this post, thanks to Huw for accepting me as a regular member of the Gizbuzz team. I hope I can help bring Gizbuzz's readers some of the best tech news first, and have fun doing it.

Back to the story, Sony have admitted that the release of their PlayStation 3 console may be delayed due to the fact that the specifications for the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) copy protection technology intended for the Blu-ray format are not finished yet.

Currently, Sony aim to have their next generation console on the market by the end of the Spring, in order to compete with Microsoft's already released Xbox 360 console.

It will be interesting to see who wins the war of HD-DVD versus Blu-ray, especially considering that Microsoft have officially stated that they will support the rival HD-DVD format.

No comments: