Thursday, May 18, 2006

'The Free Antivirus Strategy'

I was emailed a link to this article by its author, suggesting that readers of Gizbuzz might be interested in it.

I have read the article, and certainly agree with the advice he gives. I'm sure that many of you have been through the situation described and come out the other side, but the article does have some good tips on how to beat malware. And how could I not link to an article which advises its readers to install Firefox and avoid Internet Explorer! (On a sidenote, I still can't get IE7 to run reliably).

The Free Antivirus Strategy - Photobird.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Huw,

I’m a lead engineer from Internet Explorer team at Microsoft, and I recently came across your post here about IE7B2 not running reliably.

First, I’d like to apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced. We’re extremely interested in understanding this issue – can you give us more details about the issues you're seing? Is it a site, or action that triggers it? Does it happen all the time? How about if you start IE in “No add-ons” mode?


Also, FYI there are some known incompatibilities of IE that are documented at our release notes page http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenotes/default.aspx. Please check here if the issue you’re seeing is a known one and whether a workaround exists.


Once again, thank you in advance for your efforts in helping us understand this issue, and I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this blog.

Regards,
-Levent

Interent Explorer Team
Microsoft